Work Hours: 7:30am to 5:30pm, Monday through Friday, some overtime
Primary Job Function: Maintain the Service Technicians daily schedules and dispatch the technicians as service calls are completed. Schedule return trips with customers when parts are in. Maintain the on call schedule for service technicians. Maintain customer database with current information. Clear and concise communications with department managers, employees and company customers, including keeping customers appraised as to company schedule and requested lead-times. Provide accounting with maintenance contract billing information. Prepare service invoices and send out.
Reports to: Service Manager
• Advanced customer service skills.
• Ability to multi-task
• Geographical knowledge of service area or map reading skills
• Knowledge of industry is recommended but not required
• Computer skills
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
• Two years related experience and/or training in customer service, dispatching or project management or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Take incoming customer calls.
• Schedule and coordinate all service calls as calls are received.
• Create dispatch ticket for all service calls.
• Dispatch Service Technicians, one call at a time.
• Dispatch Service Technicians from home to first call.
• Debrief Service Technicians after completion of each call.
• Respond to all messages left overnight.
• Maintain the dispatch board / schedule.
• Forecast workload for 2 — 4 days out
• Contact customers with a “Parts Pending” status as parts are received for scheduling.
• Follow up on all pending and recommended work with customer utilizing the pending work log.
• Maintain the maintenance agreements, including billing, scheduling, and staging of materials, database information, customer hard files and renewals.
• Order parts for special orders.
• Update customer files as information is received from installation. (Extended warranties, equipment info, new customers, etc.)
• Maintain on call schedule, to include 1st on call and standby technician
• Maintain customer history files in database
• Prepare paperwork for all manufacture warranty parts
• Facilitate return of warranty parts
• Update service database from service ticket
• Maintain service invoice log
• Forward checks and payments to accounting.
• Happy calls / customer surveys.
• Other duties as assigned
Certain key business indicators that will measure the effectiveness of the Service Dispatcher. These include the following:
• Degree to which unproductive labor or lost time is minimized
• Number of customer complaints due to scheduling.
• Number of return trips/call backs due to scheduling inefficiencies.
• Accuracy of customer history files.
• Filing of service orders.
• Accuracy of customer Maintenance Agreement files.
• Timeliness of billing information to accounting.
• Timeliness of warranty part processing.
• Follow up on pending or recommended work.
• Travel time goal = ¼ hour